Saturday, April 16, 2011
Time to relax
Well, my forever ongoing overwhelming project is almost done. We finally, finally, finally have carpet downstairs!! I love it. It is so nice to have extra space and an official guest room (can't wait to have visitors!) The girls got a new bunk bed and slept in their new room for the first time. I'm surprised they even slept at all. They were so excited and had a perma-grin on their faces the whole night. I spent all day yesterday organizing rooms and rearranging things and cleaning so now Preston has his very own room with a toddler bed and the girls' stuff is all downstairs and baby's room is ready to go. It feels so nice to have a house that is warm and clean and organized and comfortable! Now I hardly know what to do with myself. Hmmmm...how about relax?
In the meantime, Preston has decided within the last month that he wants to go potty like a big boy! He did really good for a day or two when it was new and exciting, then started not wanting anything to do with it so I thought I wouldn't push it (made that mistake with the girls) and thought I would just put him back in diapers. Well, that doesn't really work once the can of worms had been opened. He didn't like wearing diapers and would take them off every time they were wet, (or Baylee would help him) put on his big boy underwear, then have accidents because he didn't want to try to go when I asked him. One time, we had been out and about for hours while he didn't have a diaper on (which I had no idea) only to have an accident right when we got home, which was a huge surprise for me. So, with the help of some new special potty treats and not really pushing the issue, he has all of the sudden started telling me when he has to go and has had two days of almost no accidents including #1 and #2 even when we are out and about! I can't believe he is that big already. He loves playing in his sand box in the back, especially now that we have had some days of nice (meaning no snow and above 40 degrees) weather. One morning, we couldn't find Preston anywhere in the house and saw that he had gone outside in his pajamas and was playing in the sand. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Oh Jenn, the basement looks amazing. You rock! Now I just wish I could be one of your visitors. I miss you all!
ReplyDelete