Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Please

I feel like life has been flying by these past few months. You'd think spring would be here by now, but there is still snow outside and the wind is howling. So, here's the highlights of what people do in Rexburg until spring comes:

  • With the help of Dad and my brother Michael Craig, we are starting to make some progress on our unfinished basement. The plan is for Nate and I to finish the drywall and taping this coming week while he has a break between semesters

  • Baylee and Mckenna started a gymnastics class. They love it and their "coach Connie." At home we have been making a ramp with the couch cushions so they can practice doing forward and backward rolls down.
  hugging before class starts

on the balance beam


we have since put a 2 by 4 in our living room with one end on the couch that the girls love walking up and down

  • The kids and I spent Easter weekend in Utah watching my little sister Ally throw the javelin for BYU track team (she won the meet!) and meeting her fiance to be and his family. General conference was wonderful and inspiring, and we made it back Saturday evening in time to celebrate Easter at home. The kids loved finding eggs, Baylee is the queen and found probably 3/4 of the hidden eggs but gave most of them to Mckenna and Preston. She is so thoughtful and kind for a 3 year old! even for an adult sometimes!!



  • The girls and daddy made homemade kites and we tried to fly them at the park for family night. They looked cute but didn't fly well. Nate and I spent probably and hour tying to get them in the air until it was almost dark and the kids and us were exhausted. People were watching and laughing. Don't worry, Nate is determined to figure out how to get them to work. =)



I can't believe these girls are almost 4!!!! Even though they are in the stage of just totally ignoring or completely disregarding what I say sometimes, they really are such a joy to have in our home!
  • My dad is practicing optometry again, 6 months after a massive stroke that left him paralyzed on his right side and unable to speak. He is a walking talking miracle! This whole experience has truly brought our family even closer together and has given us opportunities to serve each other. I have been helping with a business plan for his new practice, learning how to design a website, a logo, postcards for mailers, and have spent a lot of my "spare" time (during naps and bedtime) learning adobe photoshop and working on these. I'm remembering that I do love to learn and be challenged by having something worthwhile to work on. Examples of what we've come up with:

logo

    business card


their website: (still under design)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear about your dad's improvement, Jenn. I know you wrote this ages ago, but I haven't even read my sister's blogs much of late! I'm so behind.

    How is he doing now?

    Fun to see your projects, and read of your girls' gymnastics class. David really likes his, too, though we haven't created a cool balance beam.

    ReplyDelete