Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Baby

What can I say? He hates being on his tummy right now, but I know it's good for him to strengthen his neck muscles so he can hold up his own head! He really can hold up his head pretty well but sure does let me know when it's time for a change of scenery.

And, most of the time he is a very happy baby. All you have to do is turn him over and talk to him, and he'll give you a smile to melt your heart.
(See movie below for some of his cute laughs and sounds.)


The girls, in the meantime, have really enjoyed the snow this winter. So much so that I finally went and bought them some snowpants the other day so they could stay outside longer. They've also discovered the wonderfullness of hot chocolate with marshmellows to warm them up when they come inside.
They still love to play with Preston whenever he is up, even more so now than a couple weeks ago. They lay on the floor next to him and share their blankets with him, try to help him roll over and put toys in his hands. He is one loved little boy! He has definately captured my heart with his sweet and joyful personality.




Some of the cute things the girls have done lately:
1) When drinking fruit smoothies that we made for family night, Nate was telling the girls not to drink too fast or it would hurt their head. Then, off course, Nate got a brain freeze. For the next ten minutes, both Baylee and Mckenna kept reminding Nate and I, and each other to "don't drink too fast. You don't want to hurt your head. Just drink it slow Daddy."

2) When playing with play-doh, the girls kept saying they were making this or that for Grandma and Grandpa. So cute.

3) They wore their I Am a Child of God necklaces that Grandma Wardell got them for Christmas to church this Sunday for the first time. Mckenna didn't let go of hers for the first hour of church and then was showing everyone her "special, special necklace." Nate had had a talk with both of them before church about how they shouldn't pull on them because they didn't want to break them, so Mckenna said, "I don't want to break it, it's made of glass." I have been telling them not to drop certain cups because they are made of glass and they will break, so she put two and two together that her necklace must be made of glass if it was so breakable. =)

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! The girls are getting so big! David has hated his tummy too, until just recently as he's started to grab at toys. I'll put a couple in front of him and it keeps his mind off of his hatred of tummy time. It still only lasts 10 minutes or so...oh well.

    ReplyDelete