Saturday, January 31, 2009

True Winter


We got about a foot of snow all at once this past Wednesday which made for an interesting week. That much snow overwhelms the snow removal efforts so they delayed public school a couple times this week and then cancelled them all together a couple days as well, which meant that Nate only had to teach seminary once the whole week. He enjoyed his opportunity to sleep in a little, and made me breakfast in bed twice! Even IU closed campus one day this week which does not usually happen. I often laugh at how quickly they cancel things here because of the snow but got stuck a couple times myself just trying to get out of the driveway. Did I mention that no one has snow shovels? Nate had to try and clear our driveway enough to get the cars out with a big broom and our garden shovel. It took him well over an hour!



So, since many of the things we usually do during the week were cancelled (basketball, bookclub, library) I went to Walmart and bought another pair of boots so the girls could go out into the winter wonderland and enjoy. Did I mention that no one has sleds either? Our front yard has a bit of a hill on it, and I wanted the girls to get their first experience sledding. I attempted to make a sled out of a box covered with a black garbage bag. It sort of worked. Baylee fell face first into the snow her first step of the front of the house and was fussing the rest of the time, but at least the girls got a small glimpse of what sledding is like!






In the meantime, Preston continues to grow and grow and laugh and smile. He loves his baths and playing with his sisters.














Preston soaking in the tub.














First time in the Johnny-Jumper.

















Blue, blue eyes......












Baylee says, "We don't eat Play-Doh" but "yeah, we eat pie dough!"














I kept telling the girls just to eat a little bit so they would have some left to play with, but noticed the amount of pie dough dwindling as time went on. =)








































We made Princess Crowns for family night when talking about how we are all children of God. The girls loved them!









Mckenna reading "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss.


And, if anyone has any ideas about how to fix the formatting on my blog......It never looks the same once I post it...........sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment