Sunday, March 8, 2009

Social

Seeing the twins grow and develop through similar stages at the same time and watching their different personalities develop has broadened my understanding of how we each really do come with our own unique spirit. Yes, I think our environment has a huge impact in shaping us, but it is not the say all. Preston, has once again reminded me of this truth. The most often heard comment I get about him is "He is just such a happy baby! Everytime I see him he is smiling."

It's true. His favorite thing to do is have someone, anyone, smile and talk and play with him. Of course all babies like this, but even having a cold this past week, he hasn't stopped smiling. He gives anyone who gives him even the smallest glance a full body smile. He is just naturally happy and easily comforted and social. I see these characteristic of his shining through more and more each day and consider him a great blessing to our family. It is so exciting to watch these characteristics that children come with blossom and take shape, and I get excited to think how they will manifest themselves as they become adults.

1 comment: