Monday, October 19, 2009

Many firsts









Baylee and Mckenna and Preston all have their birthdays within a day of each other, so we celebrated them all the same night this year with "our best friends Kate and Reese" says Mckenna. I can hardly believe my little baby is already 1! And the girls are 3!!! It was a fun night with lots of cake and ice cream.



I made Preston's cake (he loves any kind of ball) and paid service points at a relief society service auction (which was a great idea, thanks Jeanette for making it) for a "free decorated cake of my choice" which I used for the girls beautiful purple and pink princess cake. Saved me having to make two or three. And in defense of the cake I made, the frosting I started using to write and make the lines on the basketball was all runny. I tried to wipe some of it off, then that wasn't working so I tried to cover it with another color but ran out, anyway, I liked the idea but it didn't turn out quite as I was imagining. =)


We opened presents, made lots of noise and a good mess.




Preston loved the candle. He got off to a slow start eating the cake, but ended with double fistfuls of cake. Nice!




The girls have enjoyed their girls presents which have trickled in from that night until today when the last of Grandmas/Grandpas presents arrived in the mail. It has actually been kind of nice to spread it out over the week. With some of their B-day money from G&G Rawlinson, the girls picked out 3 real goldfish (which I have already managed to accidentally kill, woops) and some princess barbies. The barbies are still sitting on our shelf in the living room as an incentive for good behavior until they earn their 50 popsicle sticks (by listening to mom and dad quickly, obeying quickly, sharing, helping around the house, etc --thanks for the idea Sally).

I gave Preston got his first and much needed haircut.....so far 2/3 blonds...while Nate wrestled him to keep him somewhat still.



Preston has been able to take several steps since I went to Montana and his aunt and uncle Kristi worked with him, and he has had really good control and balance for a long time, but even still he just hasn't taken to the walking thing......until just a couple days ago. It's like he just decided all of a sudden that he could walk and wanted to walk and so that's what he has been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment