Friday, November 6, 2009

Home is where the heart is

Today we officially own a home in Rexburg.......
and we've never actually seen it in person!!!!! Looks cute though doesn't it?


I've been trying to plan all the moving details and get over my denial that we really are leaving Bloomington in a matter of weeks. It was such a beautiful fall day today that the thought of leaving brought me to tears several times, especially while I was driving the kids home from a mall trip with Sally and her kids, and Mckenna kept saying "we're moving to Idaho, we will miss our friends." Maybe it is that we've been saying we are leaving for so long, because we originally had planned to leave in August, that it seems like it's never really going to happen. And though I am very excited in many ways and know that change is important and inevitable and necessary and promotes growth, right now it's been hard for me to think about.....hard to gear up for packing everything again, hard feeling like things are winding down here and I don't have much purpose, hard being alone with the kids so much because Nate is working more hours to finish what he needs to get done, hard feeling like I really don't have anything to look forward to the coming month, just hard saying good-bye to this place and our friends here and all that we know and are familiar with. Ahh, sorry for feeling sorry for myself. I just can't believe how much I've come to love this place. It is home and home is always hard to leave.


7 comments:

  1. You guys have such big changes in front of you. I am so sorry that you are moving away from Sally and her kids. I am happy that you'll be "close" to us, and that Nate has a great opportunity ahead.

    How exciting to have purchased your next home!

    We love you guys lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,
    This is Aunt Jan. What is your new address and we'll go check it out for you. You'll love Rexburg. Look forward to spending more time with you and your cute family.

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute house! I'm really bummed you guys are moving --- but at least we'll be able to meet up when we come home to the good ol' Burg!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute house, guys! Hope all goes well for you in the coming, crazy weeks! We love you! (oh, and I LOVE your blog heading...it's adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jenn. How did I not know about your blog? I'm so glad I found it. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn...darn...we just got out here to Ohio(we are practically neighbors - even if it is a 5 1/2 hr drive) and now you are heading out west again. I know how hard it can be to move when you put down roots somewhere (that's kind of been the story of my married life), so I think it's okay to feel sad and to mourn it all...there's nothing wrong with that. I think I would mourn a little if I had to move to Rexburg (*wink*)

    So, what is taking you to Rexburg? I'm assuming a teaching job for Nate at BYU-I?

    ReplyDelete