Pumpkin Carving and Trick-or-treating!
As an adult I'm really not into Halloween all that much. In fact I think it is such a weird holiday. Knocking on random people's doors and asking for candy? And doing it dressed up in crazy costumes??? But as a kid I remember not being able to think about much else other than what I was going to be for Halloween and trick-or-treating for at least a week before Halloween. I mean what could be better to a kid than dressing up and everyone giving you free candy???
For pumpkin carving, we opened the tops of the pumpkins and let the girls dig into all the slimy messy inside. They loved it! Nate and I really just wanted the seeds. Yum. We drew a couple faces on a piece of paper and let the girls choose which ones they liked best for us to carve. Baylee wanted a "mean pumpkin" and Mckenna wanted a "silly face." We ended up with 2 mean faced pumpkins, and one silly faced.
As an adult I'm really not into Halloween all that much. In fact I think it is such a weird holiday. Knocking on random people's doors and asking for candy? And doing it dressed up in crazy costumes??? But as a kid I remember not being able to think about much else other than what I was going to be for Halloween and trick-or-treating for at least a week before Halloween. I mean what could be better to a kid than dressing up and everyone giving you free candy???
For pumpkin carving, we opened the tops of the pumpkins and let the girls dig into all the slimy messy inside. They loved it! Nate and I really just wanted the seeds. Yum. We drew a couple faces on a piece of paper and let the girls choose which ones they liked best for us to carve. Baylee wanted a "mean pumpkin" and Mckenna wanted a "silly face." We ended up with 2 mean faced pumpkins, and one silly faced.




We went Friday night to our our ward Halloween party. I am always amazed at how many people come to this and how many of them (entire families) are fully decked out in costumes. In fact, I was in the minority of adults not having a costume on. Almost embarrassing. Here are the only pictures I took of the kids in their costumes. Sorry Grandmas. I meant to take more the next night before trick-or-treating but Nate ended up working late so I took the kids trick-or-treating by myself and totally forgot about pictures. I will say they looked pretty cute, Baylee was a pink poodle, Mckenna a purple dragon, and Preston a lion, "Raaaaaaar."




No comments:
Post a Comment